Dry onion soup mix is put to shame with this homemade simple and delicious dip. Pair it with Pretzel Perfection Garlic Herb Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks, and you'll have the perfect party appetizer!
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups onion - chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag Pretzel Perfection Garlic Herb Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Cook until onions are caramelized. Stir consistently. Should take about 20 minutes.
- Remove onions and let them cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, pepper, and remaining salt.
- Add onions once they are cooled.
- Stir together.
- Place in serving dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Open bag of Pretzel Perfection Garlic Herb Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks, then serve and enjoy!